Some Yealink phones have a USB port on the back that can be used by a special wifi dongle. The compatible phones are SIP-T27G/T29G/T46G/T48G/T41S/T42S/T46S/T48S/T52S/T54S/T53. We have found that this is particularly useful for home based workers, where the home office is not close to the internet router and a wired connection is not possible. As long as there is a strong wifi signal, the audio quality should be comparable to a wired connection.
We are able to preprogram the wifi SSID and password remotely into the phone config for easy setup. In this case, the network will be connected when the wifi dongle is inserted. Contact us if you would like this option.
Otherwise the end user can easily setup the phone to work with their wifi network.
- Insert the wifi dongle into the USB port. A message will appear prompting to scan for networks. Press OK
- The phone will look for available SSIDs. This can take a few seconds. Then the list of SSIDS will appear. Choose your network
- Enter the wifi password. The key 123-abc-ABC-2aB can be used to enter numbers and other characters. If the password is correct, you will be connected and stored.
WiFi Network Management
Select Menu->Settings->Basic and scroll down to the Wifi Settings.
- Turn the wifi on and off
- See the wifi status (connected network, signal strength and channel)
- View the 'known networks' that the phone has conencted to in the past, adn set the preferred priority if more than one is available
- Scan for available networks (on some models, this can only be done when the wifi dongle is plugged in. )